Jim Phillips first met Dave Kerr in October 2011 as he had joined one of the Orthopedic/ENT teams that we were facilitating to Hospital Escuela in Honduras. Dave was a volunteer with Radiologists Without Boarders (RWB) in charge of their MRI Project. We had been working with RWB, who works in several countries around the world, to facilitate the shipment and installation of a mobile MRI that had been donated to them.
Having met Dave and hearing his heart for the people of Honduras and his desire to focus on Honduras and the MRI Project in the faith base community we joined with him to birth Heathcare Guardians for Christ as a Love Truth Care Ministries project along side Radiologists Without Borders (RWB).
Current Progress and Assessment:
RWB has delivered the following equipment and supplies to Hospital Escuela
- 1-slice CT Scanner (courtesy of Margaretville Hospital in New York and Mission Central)
- Ultrasound machine (courtesy of Lourdes Hospital)
- Mammography machine (courtesy of Hologic) which will make the first breast imaging program possible
- Motherboard (courtesy of Dr. Barry Sorrells) to restore functionality of X Ray equipment at the hospital
- 200 textbooks for Radiology Technologists
RWB has secured a 1.5 Tesla MRI machine (courtesy of Alliance Imaging, Inc.) for Hospital Escuela, which will serve as the first MRI at a public hospital in Honduras.